The number one reason people keep coming back to Thrive is the people. That a big statement because our worship band is phenomenal and preaching is pretty solid. We believe that a community with people who Share Truth. Give Grace. Love Others. will be a beautiful healthy community. We believe in the truth of Gods word. We also believe that we are called to share Gods truth with grace and love. Jesus did not come to condemn the world, but to save it. Thrive is a place where you can wrestle with God’s truth, His reality, and His call on your life without worrying about being judged or condemned. The church is a place for people to get to know God.
- We believe in one God. (John 1:1)
- We believe God created the world and everything in it. (John 1:1)
- We believe in the Trinity. (Gen 1:26, Isaiah 6:8, Matthew 28:18-20)
- We believe Jesus Christ is our Savior who died and rose again. (1 Corinthians 15:1-8; John 3:16)
- We believe the Holy Spirit is living and active in our daily lives. (Rom 8:26-27; John 16:5-15)
- We believe in the Bible as God’s inspired and infallible word. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- We believe that we were once enemies of God but when we open our eyes to his love, we can turn away from our sin, meet Jesus in baptism, and become friends with God. (Romans 6:1-7; Galatians 3:27)
- We believe the church is the redeemed body of believers. The church is the bride of Christ, serving God and loving others. (Acts 2:14-47)
- We believe communion is our opportunity to share with the body of Christ in remembrance of Christ’s sacrifice on the cross. It is a time of reflection, but also a time of rejuvenation as we remember and look forward to being with Him for eternity. (1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
- We believe we all have different gifts and abilities, and it is our responsibility to use them for God’s glory. (1 Corinthians 12:12-30; Romans 12:1-21)
- We believe heaven and hell are very real places where people spend eternity with or without God. (Rev 22:1-5 – heaven Matt 13:39-50 – hell)
- We believe Christ will come again and judge the righteous and unrighteous. (Matt 16:27-28)
- We believe prayer is how we connect with God through sharing with Him, thanking Him, pleading with Him, and praising Him. (1 Thessalonians 5:17; Matt 6:9-13)
- We believe we need to give out of a cheerful heart and should give back to God what He has given us, because it is all His. (Mark 12:17; Matthew 6:33)
You are welcome to come check out Thrive anytime.