Big Serve | Fayetteville, Arkansas
August 20 | One Service @ 9 – 9:30 a.m.
Come dressed ready to work!
When we launched Thrive almost three years ago, we wanted to be different. We want to make sure that we serve the city with no strings attached. Since our inception, we’ve wanted to launch the Big Serve and now we have the opportunity. Thanks to DeWayne Reeves and Jordan Keller, Thrive will close the doors August 21 and GO into the community.
During the summer, we have had a great meeting with the city finding some unique opportunities to help. The city has put us on lake, trail and park clean-up around Lake Fayetteville.
When we first met, we received a list of opportunities that would probably receive good press, but we assured them that’s not our goal. We just want to serve where needed.
Now, we get to serve alongside the parks and rec crew on Sunday morning August 21!
Here’s the scoop.
Three Projects at Lake Fayetteville
Project tasks are available for every skill level and age group. Just come dressed to work hard!
- Lake Cleanup
- Load the boats with people
- Paddle across to clean up trash
- Trail Maintenance
- Hit the trails
- Clear out dangerous branches and roots
- Vegetation Clearout
- Chainsaws and battle axes will be unleashed to create a safer environment for the playground at Veterans Park
Cookout After Party!
Start at 12:47 p.m. at the Large Pavilion at Veteran’s Park
- What to Bring!
- Depending on what clean-up team you are assigned to- will determine what side or dessert to bring
- Come to Thrive, this Sunday and sign up for a team!
- Sand Volleyball
- Water Games
Sign up for a project or just come ready to work and we’ll plug you in! See you Sunday!